Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=aledodaddy19;n18782]WE WERE RIGHT THERE last night!!!! Man, so close. These games are fun to watch. How good was district 6-5A this year?!?!?!? My goodness. With NW beating Heritage and us right there with Grapevine I think it brings legitimacy to what teams like Chisholm Trail, Brewer, and Eaton were able to do in this district also. [/QUOTE]

Congrats to y'all and Northwest for representing 6-5A this year and getting deep in the playoffs....Well done boys....This district will be on the radar next season for all because of how y'all did! Time for some summer ball boys! chasing scholarships for next years seniors!! we are the FLOCKING EAGLES !!

Comment

• Thank you. I am very pleased with our kids and Northwest. If you look at the teams who are left, and to win a title in Texas, it seems you have to have 4 or 5 big time D-1 guys these days. Look at Marcus! 5 D-1s. Heritage has 4 D1s. Argyle has 4 or 5 D1s. Forney two arms in the 90s. It is ridiculous!!!! It is almost defeating to know if you have two or three players going JUCO and one or two more going to small D1s or large D2s you really stand little chance in making a REAL push. What a tough state.

Comment

• [QUOTE=aledodaddy19;n18827]Thank you. I am very pleased with our kids and Northwest. If you look at the teams who are left, and to win a title in Texas, it seems you have to have 4 or 5 big time D-1 guys these days. Look at Marcus! 5 D-1s. Heritage has 4 D1s. Argyle has 4 or 5 D1s. Forney two arms in the 90s. It is ridiculous!!!! It is almost defeating to know if you have two or three players going JUCO and one or two more going to small D1s or large D2s you really stand little chance in making a REAL push. What a tough state. [/QUOTE]

The one thing I'll say to that is "yes, it's nice to have those D-1 guys" and especially the pitching, but it seems the teams that win always have kids step up who don't get the recognition they deserve that helps take these teams thru to the end. Also, you gotta catch a break and get lucky every once in a while. Congrats to all teams that have made it this far.

Comment

• Usually stay very quiet these days while viewing the posts on the board. However, in response to you need D1 guys to win it, you better go back and check the roster of the '14 State Champions from Aledo: CF went Juco, LF/C went Juco, C went Juco, 3B is DIII, #1 was walk on at Houston, and #2 is at Brown. A main reason for a return in '15 was a lefty that walked on the FALL team at UT, and the kid we had closing that year was a Soph, now going to a DII.
          Years back in Houston, Kazmir and Evertts went #7 and #11 overall in June, and got beat 2-1 in the high school playoffs. A lot of schools have had multiple D1 players on it, and have no jewelry to show for their efforts.
          Getting to the state tournament, and winning it, is about staying healthy and getting hot at the end of the year for 6 more weeks after the grind of the season. I was fortunate enough to go to the state tournament 7 times as part of some great teams/staffs, and we never had 5 D1 players any year(I don't think we had 5 D1 players total for a few years! :)
          I enjoy reading the comments, and it was a good year for 6-5A, and look forward to a very competitive district next year.
          Good luck to the teams that still playing, and the guys that are about to begin summer/travel ball.

Brett Thompson
          Duncanville/Summit/Brock/Aledo

Retired....:cool:

Comment

• You know this had the makings to be an epic thread and I really enjoyed following it throughout the season but there were some very unfortunate things that happened. 1) A LOT of bad predictions but specifically those by Ricky Vaughn! (while pointing out bad predictions I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that when Aledodaddy19 said there were "2 better than good" teams - Northwest was one of them - but we all know better!) 2) Iceman and Maverick disappeared and left Goose all by himself, it's a good thing that didn't happen in the movie - it would have sucked worse than it did! 3) No Crow was ever delivered or consumed! 4) Left on his own, Goose got soft on us towards the end! I had to have a tissue in hand when reading his posts at the end of the season!

In all seriousness - it was a heck of a season and I enjoyed all of the trash talk but am WAY to superstitious about baseball to engage in it myself!

For those of you that didn’t get to see one of these close up – I’ll just leave this right here… [ATTACH=CONFIG]n19503[/ATTACH]

Good luck to everyone next year!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Big Papi; 07-05-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X