No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15-5A preview

What does 15-5A look like this year?

When HP, Poteet and Forney have been in districts in the past they have been very competitive. Adding Lovejoy and Wylie East into the mix will make it one of the most competitive districts in the state. HP, Poteet and Forney are probably the top three, as to where they finish that's a guess I'm not willing to make. Lovejoy and Wylie East could fight it out for the 4th spot or if one the top three struggles a really good team could find their way out of the playoffs.

Comment

Let's not forget about Royse City!

Comment

It will come down to Forney and HP for 1st or 2nd. The other teams in this district simply don't have the horses on the mound or talent in the field that HP and Forney do. It is HS baseball though and stranger things have happened but on paper, it's pretty simple and clear who the best two teams are. RC, NF, Lovejoy, Wylie East and Mesquite Poteet should be pretty evenly matched and should duke it out for 3 and 4th place and let's not forget, there were a few 3rd and 4th place teams that made deep runs last year in the playoffs including Poteet.

Comment

I have a pretty good horse on the hill for RC!

Comment

[QUOTE=Pitchermom11;n17747]I have a pretty good horse on the hill for RC!
            [/QUOTE]

I guess we will see tonight or Friday night...

Comment

I just saw where Forney won 10-0 behind a 2 hit shutout by Englert. My friends son is on JV there and says Englert is 90-94 and the lefty is 90-92. Forney hasn't given up a run in district yet and hasn't given up many at all in the last month looks like. I'll stand by my prediction of Forney or HP and the rest of the district will be battling for 3rd and 4th places respectively. Forney's 1 and 2 may be the best 1 and 2 in the state in Class 5A.

Comment

Well after 5 games it looks like its Forney and HP with Lovejoy and Wylie East holding off RC and NF. RC and North are going to have to get wins against Lovejoy & Wylie East to get to the 3 or 4 spot. What's shocking is seeing Poteet at 0-5, they hardly ever have re-building years, but after seeing them it's hard to believe that team is winless in district. In the game I saw them they didn't hit all that well but they also didn't beat themselves with errors, which generally is what bad teams do. Poteet isn't a bad team but 0-5 is crazy, they may spoil someones playoff chances later this year.

Comment

Forney and HP should be fun games. Forney had a nice comeback against Lovejoy last night after falling behind 2-0. Poteet just cant catch a break. Starting district out against Forney, then losing one of their starters to injury then the other starter missing time. The Saturday game against East they lost the lead 3 times. I think they pitched a Fresh or Soph last night against North and at times have had 3 freshmen in the lineup at the same time. I think North Forney will sneak up and take the 4th spot.

Comment

Looks to me like Lovejoy and Wylie East will be playing for 3rd and 4th as Poteet is out of it which is surprising. Maybe North Forney could make a push but that would entail beating Forney in at least one game and that's not likely. I figured RC would be a threat for the playoffs, but they're just not competitive and really have no pitching whatsoever. It's nice to see Forney finally have a tough district game. They have been wiping everyone out until Lovejoy. I may go watch their left pitch at Lovejoy tomorrow night. He has back to back no hitters including a perfect 15 up 15 down performance all by strikeout against RC last week.

Comment

I'm sure many would say its an upset, but not me. North Forney finished 3rd after a wild weekend. They needed to beat Forney on Friday night. They trailed 3-1 going to the 7th but scored 3 times in the top of the 7th to beat Forney 4-3. That created a 3 way tie for 3rd and 4th. Lovejoy won a coin flip and automatically made the playoffs, they would play a late game against the winner of North Forney and Wylie East to decide seeding, the loser of North and East was out. North beat East 4-1 then beat Lovejoy 4-0 to claim the #3 seed. This is North Forneys first ever baseball playoff appearance.

Comment

Congrats to North Forney. They are well coached and played to the last out. I suspect their first round opponent is going to be surprised at how good a team this team is and wouldn't at all be surprised to see them make it out of the first round. I'll still stick with Forney going a ways in the playoffs this year, but again, KUDOS to North.

Comment

[QUOTE=BadGoRilla1;n18450]Congrats to North Forney. They are well coached and played to the last out. I suspect their first round opponent is going to be surprised at how good a team this team is and wouldn't at all be surprised to see them make it out of the first round. I'll still stick with Forney going a ways in the playoffs this year, but again, KUDOS to North.[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree, Forney is the team to beat out of this bracket. I hope they at least make it to round 3, that will be my first chance to see them again. I'm not driving out to Texarkana (+North is at home Friday night) and will be out of town for round 2.

Comment

Working...
                          X